Friday, July 17, 2009

Not so Mad MAXX

All the transit systems here have a central web site that let's you find a way to get from where you are to where you want to be.

010 Maxx
When I wanted to find another way to travel between home or the city campus and the composites centre, I used MAXX to set my starting and ending points.

020 Options
MAXX will show several options, and you can click for return route information. Because I entered a train station, the system only shows the 5th leg as a train. When I used the centre's address, the system showed some bus options. Yes, my commute is 2 hours or more each way. However, I get 30-40 minutes walking each way, so it isn't so bad. I would hate to be sitting in a single car for 2 hours--I once did that in Los Angeles--but this isn't so bad. I can work my laptop computer on the ferry and jot notes on my PDA on the bus and train. And the return ferry has a cooler full of Speight's Golden Ale and Lion Red Lager!


MAXX provides a complete map. You can click on any point and see exactly where you should walk to change from, for example, ferry to train.

This map shows my commute from Onetangi Road, Waiheke Island to the Composites Centre, Tamaki Campus.

We planned to take the ferry to Auckland and see the new Potter film today. The rain is hard and cold so we'll go tomorrow instead. We should have some sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment