Thursday, October 8, 2009

Reduce, Re-use, Recycle




My re-use project: a polyethylene sleeve for my palm pilot.

I lost my Palm Pilot case at Tamaki campus. I don't miss the 1 GB memory card--they are cheap--but, I do miss the music it held. That was 1/2 the music I brought on the trip. The originals are safe at home; I'll hear them again someday.

I need a case for the Palm so that I can carry it without pushing the buttons accidentally. This model is old; I would need EBay to find a case for it.

Then I noticed the 3 liter milk jugs have large, flat sides. Just the right size for my sleeve.

Some careful knife work and a bit of Sellotape later, I have a new Palm Pilot case. It's slimmer than the old case and more comfortable in my pocket. We'll see whether it protects the Palm during my commuting over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment